The Commercial Viewpoint
The Case For Roads
- Auckland - the way it functions - past, present and future
Dr Robert Guild
Senior Adviser Economic Infrastructural Development, Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat
- Auckland's motorways: shortcomings, possibilities, and network plans
Director, Traffic Design Group, Senior Transport Planner for National Roads Board 1972-1992
- Auckland's transport modal options
Consultant, Auckland City Chief Traffic Engineer 1985-1996
- Can public transport substitute for main road network development?
Demographer and transport analyst, Principal, Wendell Cox Consultancy, Belleville, Illinois, USA
The Case Against Roads - Does It Have Substance
- "New Urbanism" and "Smart Growth" (NU/SG) - the American experience
Environmental economist, Professor, Utah State University, Director, Thoreau Institute, Oregon USA, Adjunct Scholar, Cato Institute
- Difficulties in planning urban futures
International Finance, formerly with the Treasury
- Quantification of environmental effects - are they real and significant?
Consultant on development issues and media commentator
- Planning and "sustainable transport" - Joseph's dream coat or Emperor's New Clothes?
Dr Ray Brindle
Transport Planning Researcher, partner, Eldamar Research Associates Victoria, Adjunct Associate Professor of Transport and Land Use Polanning, Transport Systems Centre, University of South Australia
- Overseas systems for roadspace delivery
Wendell Cox & Randall O'Toole
will identify and discuss the merits of various systems of planning and delivering road infrastructure used in the United States and elsewhere